Well hello there!
Okay, so you can send letters here until the last two weeks, i leave the 11 of november. If one arrives here they will just send it to urugay. I recieved your card rachel and your letter! Thank you. I love the holiday ceer! Congratulations on your calling. Take this opportunity to magnify your calling. If i recall right, there was a certain conference talk about the teachers of the church! Read it! Yes, i opened up your gift on the plane! I love all the pictures and quotes! I have shown so many pictures to others here at the CCM. If you can, please sent ma a laminated family pictures with the families can be forever song on the back! A 3 BY 5 would work great. Here is another saying to figure out ¨ Que harĂa Jesucristo?
So this week Elder Russel M. Nielson came to talk to us. It was such a spiritual experience. I sat in the second row. We all were able to shake his hand. I this is an experience i will never forget. As he talked to us, I was able to look directly into his eyes alot, i have never felt such power. I have never felt so strongly about this work. His wife talked first. Some things she said were that we are at the age where the world tells us we should concentrate on ourself to discover us. We are doing what the Lord wants by discovering ourselves through helping other people! She said the more obedient we are, the more we will recieve from the Lord. She told us to do more than what we are asked to do.
Before they started their talks, we sang El Cristo Es, written by President Faust. The spirit was so strong and Elder and Sister Nielson were so touched. Elder Nielson said he had a vision during that song that he saw missionaries at their very best. He told of of the kind of missionary President Faust was. He told us of how he trusted him with his heart when he performed heart surgery on them. I could tell they had truly become great firends and that he misses him and has alot of love for him. He said we are going to bring hope, truth, and opportunities for ordinances that bring salvation and exaltation to the people in our mission. He said look deeper into the mirror and see your greatness and potential. He said behind every person you teach, you also influence their posterity. He told us to forget the little things and look to the future. He said when you are on your mission, think of President Faust. He also, which was really amazing and special, gave us an Apostolic Blessing. He told us that Jesus Christ is our message, that he is the light, the life and the way. He said that through him, our families can be sealed together forever. He blessed us to lose ourselves in the work. He blessed us that our family will be drawn closer to the savior as we serve. He blesses us with safety in our missionary work. I was truly changed by this talk.
I wrote down a whole page of goals of what i want to accomplish before i end my mission. I also re read my patriarchal blessing. Missionary work is the most important thing any member of the church can do. As president Gordon B. Hinckley said, if members and missionaries work together, we can double our success. I solemly testify that Jesus is the Christ. That he is the Savior and Redeemer in the world. He truly is the light, the life and the way. He is our message as missionaries. Be sure to always read the scriptures, they invite the spirit. I love each one of you very much and thank you for your love and support. Have a good week and i will hear from you in sevend days! I love you!
Con Amor, Elder Williams
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
How wonderful and inspiring to read. There just isn't anything more wonderful than a mission. Heavenly Father sure knows what he is doing when he asks us to do certain things throughout out lives. Obedience is the most important principle and law of the Gospel. It comes first before anything else. We sure are grateful for Mitchell's obedience.
Post a Comment