09 March 2009

Quite A Week

Time has just been flying by!
As you know we had interviews with the President Peterson this week on Wednesday. It went well! He is a great guy and has does so much for the mission. I don´t know if I would ever want to be a mission president. There is so many things to do and so much stress! Lol I don´t even see how he finds the time to have interview with each missionary every change! Its incredible what you can do when you are entitled to God´s help. After interviews I went on divisions with Elder Longshore in my area until Thursday afternoon. He is from the LA area in California. Yes a Lakers fan, we basically duked it out! He is about six foot three. A huge kid! He was the quarterback at his highschool and he played a year at Utah State but was red shirted so he can play all for years when he gets back. He might transfer to another school though, maybe Utah or BYU. Divisions with him were good! His mom and dad have a real estate appraising business. I think its residential though. His dad passed away i think a couple years ago. It amazes me how people get through stuff like that. I kinda feel guilty for even missing my family. Elder Novoa, a Chilean, just got out here too. He sacrificed a 40,000 dollar, scholarship to the best engineering school in Chile. He is so smart and already speaks perfect English! His dad also passed away, when he was in his second week in the MTC. He has an incredible life and conversion story! I feel so inadequate when I have so many great examples here in the mission surrounding me. There is a special reason why i´m here though, lol i just need to find out why!
Thursday we switched back companions and went to a regular day of work. I have been going crazy and very stressed to get a lot more done. Its difficult because there are two companionships to our one ward. I don´t want to sound like i´m putting my comp down or putting myself up there but this week was our best week of lessons yet. We topped our lessons with member by a lot and also got the most all together lessons in our whole change. I have been working with members and setting up divisions with the youth in the ward like crazy. I have a bunch of great ideas to bring up in our meeting with the ward mission leader on tuesday and in the ward council. We have so many things we have to do. There are so many goals we are trying to reach especially as a mission. I´m really feeling the pressure. I have been tried with my patience this week because i´m a little more ¨lets get things done and move on to the next. We don´t need to spend all day doing one thing¨lol I´m a little anxious about getting things done quick and effectively. Lol my comp has been balancing me out but I would still like to be more on top of things and be more percise and get ailot more things done. Man, its stressing me out. We just keep working away though. I never thought there would be this much stress or so much responsibility in the mission. I was wrong. I want to go back to High School!! This is really teaching me a lot though. There is never a free minute. Even pday goes by way to quick and then your back working and worrying about all you have going on. Thank goodness for pdays though because they are huge stress relief! Especially getting letters in district meeting! I ate all those rice crackers by the way in my package! Oh man they were delicious! This morning at about eleven we played dodge ball at the stake center. Except with sock balls and one Elder brought some water balloon launchers. So we were rocketing sock bombs across the room trying to get each other! It was sweet! Some guys had welts! haha it was great fun! They shoot so fast!! It was crazy!
So how is Devin donig?
The chickens sound like a handful but really fun! I like the idea of just walking to the back yard and getting breakfakst!
I guess you could say that this week i have learned a lot about patience. I also encountered a cd all about Christ. It is so powerfull. I´m going to make a copy and send it to you. I have never heard such a powerful witness. Just by listening to brings out your deepest emotions but brings you so much strength. I do know with a surety in my heart that Jesus Christ, the Son of God, is the only means by which we can receive salvation. I have come to a greater understanding that He is my older brother. He is the Lord of Lords and King of Kings. He is the true source of hope. I have never had to put such faith and trust in anyone before like I have had to in Him. The miracle of it all is that everything works out. He is the true source of peace and comfort. He is the safety we need from the evils of this world. He is our message to the world. He is at the head of this work. He is the Supreme Creator. He is the Master Teacher. He is our Example. He is my Example. He descended below all things. He completed the will of His Father. He died on the cross for all man kind. He was resurrected. I bear witness that He lives. This is my pure testimony of my Savior and Redeemer Jesus Christ.
This week is going to be a busy one! I´m looking forward to getting a lot of things done and bringing people unto the same knowledge of Christ that I have. It's the last week of the change! The next time you hear from me I will be able to let you know who my new comp is! Lol its always interesting in the mission around change time! I hope everyone has a wonderful week and keeps pressing forward with a perfect brightness of hope! Thank you all for your wonderful examples to me! I miss you so much and love you even more! I have six months from being away, time is flying by! Before you know it I will be on the down hill counting days to come home. I hope I can get everything done before then! Take care and we will talk to you next week!
Con todo mi amor, Elder Mitchell A. Williams

1 comment:

DnD Gibb said...

What a powerful testimony. I felt I was reading Pres. Hinckley's testimony that he gave during one of his last conferences. It is so pure, true, and strong. Mitch is such a perfectionist and I do relate to his anxious desires of wanting to accomplish and not waste time. We love him so much for his great service and work.