22 February 2009

1st week with changes & a Testimony that's BIGGER than Ever

Hello Family!!
It has been an interesting week. On tuesday after we emailed it started to rain the hardest i have ever seen in my life. It was seriously like a hurricane. You could not see a block in front of you because it was that thick. Trees were falling and everything. It was crazy. We got soaked!! And the power went out for the night. Also i can feel my patience is going to be tested this change lol. Oh goodness, my companion is a little bit different. I think he was one of those momma´s boys who played alot of video games and stuff. And not sports video games like the real hard core stuff! It keeps things interesting and i just laugh about it later! I get really excited for district meetings and pdays to be with the whole zone! I think i might jsut be completely crazy insane by the end of this change!! Oh the experiences out here!
Well this week is really busy. We have alot going on. We have Sector conference on Thursday in Paysandu. We have to leave about 4 am to get there on time, oh how fun! My pillow tie will really come in handy then! That package was the best for valentines day! I have not eaten good chocolate like that in a long time, especially with peanut butter! Thank you so much!! We also have chior practice alot this week! Oh boy, its so so so so much fun, i can´t even tell you how excited i get to go........... Haha hopefully its only for this change thats all i have got to say! Salto is great, its been really hot lately, i´m ready for winter! I would do anything to be in the snow and cold right now! I have also been getting eaten alive by mosquitos at night! Its really fun! Every day i wake up with misquito bites all over the back of my arms. It looks like i have chicken pox!
We have had some crazy experiences this week! Some lady called us racists because were white and that we are lucky to have a new president! It makes me laugh! Then when we keep talking about Jesus Christ their perception changes! They start thinking that we are actually good people! Its quite hillarious! I love people telling me who I am without even knowing me! There are alot of things you just have to shake your head at and laugh about!
So we have 4 really good investigators right now. I think they will be getting baptized next week. They have been smokers for about 15 years. I thought they would have taken the Word of Wisdom a little harsh but they loved it! They knew that it actually was for the benefit and health for all God´s children. They doing great with stopping. It has really shown me the power that our Father in Heaven has to help His children. Its true that God always provides a way for us to keep his commandments! I have been noticing that God really is preparing people out there to hear and accept His gospel. I know without a doubt that He is preparing his children. I also know that if we do all we can He will place those people in front of us. We have quite a few more hopefull investigators that are starting to progress. Every day I testify of the reality and divinity of our Lord and Savior Jesus Çhrist and His church upon the earth. It is so wonderful for people to look straight into my eyes and have the spirit confirm to them that its true. That Jesus Christ does live with a body of flesh and bone and His Chruch is upon the earth this day. That our Father in Heaven still has communication with His children today just like He always has. When i study and think of the whole Plan of Salvation I am amazed. I am amazed at how perfect it is and how it just fits together and makes perfect sense. I am amazed at the love that our Father in Heaven has for His children. I know that God lives and loves us. I know that Jesus is the Christ and He also lives. I know that this is His Church on the earth today, the same one that he established when He was living upon the earth, and I know that it has been restored in its fullness this day after many years of being lost. I know my Savior lives.
Well this week should be interesting, i´m excited for Sector Conference on Thursday! Mostly to just use my pillow tie on the bus! Yeah yeah! Only one more pday left in the month! Its crazy! Time is going by fast, the end of this change will be coming up soon! We have alot of work to do, so were going to be getting down do business! Like we say back home Git-R-DUN!!! I think after this change i´ll be ready to enter the military as an officer because i´ll be driving our companionship so hard! haha That thought has actually crossed my mind a few times over the last couple days!
Well, i sure love all of you and appreciate everything! All the love and support through emails, packages, and letters. And most importantly your prayers! I can really feel them out here. Thank you mom and dad for all you do for our family. It doesn´t go unnoticed. I promise, and I was thinking the other day, every dollar I take out while i´m here, i´ll repay it! That is my word! Thats what i plan to do! I just need a REALLY GOOD JOB!! I love you all so much! Keep taking on life´s challenges strong! Don´t forget that you stand your tallest when your on your knees! Have a great week everyone!
Love always, Elder Mitchell A. Williams

1 comment:

DnD Gibb said...

You are doing great Mitch. Keep up the good work. Everything has its place and you will not always know the success till later. Always believe that much good is happening even though you do not always see it right away. Love ya Gpa Gibb