22 February 2009

Moved to SALTO!

Hello family! So this was my last week here in PaysandĂș! We found out changes yesterday and are changing today! Both my companion and I are changing. He is going to Colonia and I am going to Salto! My new companion will be Elder Allen. This is his last change in the mission. I will be killing him this change! I´m very excited for changes. I have alot of things I want to do differently and better in this next change. I can feel its going to be good.
I was thinking of everyone this week as you traveled to California for Savannah´s baptism! I´m glad everything was so wonderful for everyone! She really does sound like she is a perfect little angel. Its amazing how powerfull a little child´s testimony can be. She has made such a wonderful choice that will affect the rest of her life. When I was reading how everyone was describing her and the weekend I was reminded of when the Savior taught that we must become as little children, humble, meek, and submissive, or in nowise can we enter into the kingdom of Heaven. I know thats true. I can just feel how pure and clean Savannah is. She is probably so small and doesn´t have alot of knowledge but she does have a testimony of the Savior His gospel and she knows He lives. Thats the most valuable knowledge anyone can attain in this life. I hope she gets the card I sent her in the mail.
We had a baptism this Saturday as well. Her name is Kimberly Rodriguez. She is 9 years old. It was great! Her uncle from a different ward her in paysandĂș baptized her. I let the music in the baptisimal service! Lol and i did it without a piano! I was also a witness. She had a little bit of a fear about being submersed completely in water. She didn´t quite go all the way in the first time so we had to do it again! The second time was a success! On sunday she was confirmed and I stood in the circle when we layed our hands on her head to give her the gift of the Holy Ghost. Thats the first time I had ever done that. It was great. I could feel the power of the priesthood. I feel it everytime I lay my hand on someones head, or when someone lays their hands on mine to give me a blessing. Which happened two weeks ago with my zone leader. Every time I get the reasurring feeling that the spirit is there. I know that it really is the power of God given to man to act in his name. I know that it has to be because normal human beings don´t have the capacity to do some things they do without divine help and inspiration. My testimony of the priesthood has really grown. Especially as we listened to the priesthood session from last conference on CD. Wow. The mood was somber, the spirit was ever so present. I have really come to understand what the priesthood really is. It truly is the power of God delegated to man to act in His name. But it goes beyond that. It is the perfect plan of service. As priesthood holders, we are expected to serve others. We are expected to serve everyone. We have the responsibility and opportunity to help bring the precious children of our Father in Heaven back into his presence. Thats what the priesthood is. Service. Thats the one word definition for it. I have definately come to understand more of what my duty is here, and through out my life.
Yesterday we said some goodbye´s to some people in the ward here. We taught a family home evening lesson on the Plan of Salvation last night. It was great. How wonderful it is to know where we lived before this life, why we are here, and where we are going! We are so blessed to have the Gospel of Jesus Christ in its fullness on the earth today. It really is the plan of happiness. I know that by following in the Saviors footsteps we can all achieve true happiness in this life and in the next.
Well mom, I sure hope you got some rest lastnight for work today. I´m sure glad everyone traveled in safety! I hope everything is going well at home! I want to thank each and every one of you for your examples to me. Each one of you have taught me something special and different. You all have a special place in my heart. You are all a strenght to me and will always be. I hope this week brings joy and happiness to everyone! I will let you know how the changes are next week! And we have district meeting on Thursday so im hoping i get that package then! We will see! I love you all so very much! Take care!
Love always, Elder Mitchell A. Williams

No comments: